Lesson Plan: Parenting as One
The 12 lessons of homework include:
- Online reading assignments
- Couple discussion questions/assignments -“Talk About This”
Summary of the 12-lesson topics:
- Introduction: Why Parent as One?
- Parenting Doesn't Have to Be That Complicated
- 1-2-3 Training
- Identifying Behaviors that Fall Outside of Your Values List
- Methods of Training 101
- Training Methods to Match Child Development
- Daily Training
- Meeting a Child's Emotional Needs (aka Care)
- A Model of Emotion Regulation
- Handling Special Issues
- My Mom and Dad Kiss
- Staying the Course Together
Copyright © 2017 Jennifer Harley Chalmers. All rights reserved.
No part of this class may be reprinted except for the pdf worksheets for personal use.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations labeled NIV are taken from the Holy Bible: New International Version®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide. Used by permission of Zondervan Bible Publishers.
Scripture quotations labeled NLT are from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.