Four Gifts of Love® Class
Want to know more about the class?
About Sample Video Lessons What's Needed Orientation Video
What is the Four Gifts of Love® Class?
It’s a FOUNDATION for helping couples create and sustain a lifestyle that results in ROMANTIC LOVE in marriage and PASSION for God.
Why TWO relationships? Because we believe these two relationships IMPACT a person’s life the most! (Note: If you do not adhere to the beliefs presented in the faith-based material, those assignments may be skipped and you can complete the assignments related only to your marriage relationship.)
Why ROMANTIC LOVE and PASSION?
- Passion and romantic love is something we can create…it’s not a mystery; it's about a lifestyle
- It’s a symptom of:
- A compatible and thoughtful relationship
- Creating a life of care, protection, honesty, and time: the Four Gifts of Love®
- And when couples have this feeling, it’s easier to care, protect, be honest, and give time
Sample Video Session
The following is a video session (Session 4) from the 7-lesson Four Gifts of Love® Class (group-format) for you to sample (Note: all video sessions have a closed-caption option):
The seven lessons build upon each other—creating a strong knowledge base and helping couples integrate that knowledge into their daily lives. Here’s a review of each building block that REVIEWS the following topics:
Introduces the Four Gifts of Love®
- Discusses the importance of fulfilling promises to care, protect, and give time and honesty— putting the Four Gifts of Love® into action
- Reviews two of Dr. Harley's basic concepts in marriage—the Love Bank and the Ten Most Important Emotional Needs in Marriage
Discusses the difference between romantic love and caring love
Identifies the effect of receiving the Four Gifts of Love® in marriage
Identifies the effect of receiving the Four Gifts of Love® in a relationship with God
- Reviews how to give and receive the gift of care
Reviews the Ten Most Important Emotional Needs in marriage
Provides an opportunity for members to identify their own emotional needs
Discusses the importance of listening and responding in a thoughtful marital relationship and in a relationship with God
Provides couples an opportunity to share their emotional needs with each other
Provides couples an opportunity to give the gift of care by meeting each other’s most important emotional needs
Reviews three areas of God’s will and provides an opportunity to incorporate these areas into daily lifestyle—giving God the gift of care
Reviews how to give and receive the gift of protection
Reviews Dr. Harley's basic concept in marriage—Love Busters
Provides an opportunity to identify Love Busters
Provides couples an opportunity to give the gift of protection by avoiding Love Busters
Reviews two of Dr. Harley's basic concepts in marriage—the Policy of Joint Agreement and the Four Guidelines for Successful Negotiation
Reviews the Gift of Protection with God and a Christian’s version of the Policy of Joint Agreement
- Reviews how to give and receive the gift of honesty
Reviews Dr. Harley's basic concept in marriage—the Five Parts of Honesty
Provides couples with an opportunity to practice honesty with each other
Reviews the gift of honesty with God
Reviews how to give and receive the gift of time
Reviews Dr. Harley's basic concepts in marriage—the Policy of Undivided Attention
Reviews the Marital Promise and the Promise to God
Offers parting words of advice
And...as a BONUS, after completing the 7 lessons, couples can complete the FGL Booster Series (4 assignments) to help "boost" the Four Gifts of Love® knowledge and review the concepts. Booster 1: Negotiation Review; Booster 2: Feedback Time; Care, Booster 3: Feedback Time, Protection; and Booster 4: Legacy.
What is NEEDed for the group-format class?
- Four Gifts of Love® Participant’s Guide, one per person (see Book Store). In this guide, students will learn about how to give and receive the gifts of care, protection, honesty, and time to their spouse and to God.
- About 2-3 hours of homework for each lesson (individual and couple assignments)
- A facilitator couple that uses the Four Gifts of Love® Class Facilitator’s Guide and presents the Four Gifts of Love® Class Companion Video.
- About 2 months to complete eight, 1-hour, weekly-group sessions to watch the Four Gifts of Love® Companion Video; and no worries...couples are not required or even encouraged to share private-couple information in the group). The group sessions offer a helpful part of the learning process because they provide encouragement, review of assignment and quiz answers, and concept reviews.
How do I JOIN a class?
- The ONLINE VERSION is currently being developed and will hopefully be available April 2020.
- For the group format version, we are attempting to add more Registered FGL Class Facilitator (RCF) couples to our listing. But in the meantime, we recommend that you take one of our Level One classes (RESOURCES/Online Classes), watch a video (RESOURCES/Videos), and/or download and read one of our book resources (Resources/Book Store).
Current RCF List: RCF LIST
Site Orientation Video:
If you experience any breaks in video streaming, you can lower the video quality for faster speed, e.g., change setting/quality See the source image from AUTO to 360p or 240p.